Team Gymnastics at Midwest Twisters
Midwest Twisters offers training and competitive opportunities for girls under the direction of certified, professional coaches in our expansive, custom facility.
Logan Hursh, MS Assistant Coach
Vault, Bars, Tumbling, Tramp
Strength & Conditioning Coach
Amber Orr, Assistant Caoch
Beam, Floor, Dance
Strength & Conditioning
Coach Mickey Orr, M.S.
B.S. Physical Education (1980) SUNY Brockport
B.S. Speech Communication (1980) SUNY Brockport
M.S. Physical Education (1983) Syracuse University
Doctoral Assistantship Univ N Colorado (1983-86).
96 credit hrs in Motor Learning/Biomechanics.
Coached UNC to NCAA II Team Bronze (1986)
Coached Missy Sheroky to USAG National L10 Compulsory UB Record (9.85; Salt Lake City, 1988)
USAG delegate to US Olympic Training Center Coaches' College 1988
Educational Presenter at USAG National Congress 1990, Philadelphia
Keynote Presenter at US Tumbling Association National Congress 1992.
Coached J Koch to 9th place finish at 1992 USA Championships - Knoxville, TN
2-Time USAG Region 5 "Coach of the Year" 1992; 2004
Coached Sarah Gillespie to 2004 L9 Eastern National V Champion, Landover, MD
Coached Vanessa Zamarripa to a record 3 AA JO Titles - 2003, 2004, 2007
(2nd AA in 2005) and 15 USAG National Career Titles - Level 9, 10, and Jr Elite
Vanessa Zamarripa - REGION 5 HALL OF FAME - Inductee 2021
Midwest Twisters is home to Vanessa Zamarripa:
- 3-time Jr Olympic National AA Champion (USAG record-holder)
- 3-time Jr Olympic Vault Gold Medalist (USAG record-holder)
- JO National Champion FX (2003), BB (2004), UB (2007)
- Led Region 5 to 3 National Team Titles
- Pre-Elite Jr National Champion V, BB, & AA, 2004
- USA Senior National Team Member 2010-11
- UCLA All-American and NCAA National Champion
- Stunt double for Isabela Moner of Transformers: The Last Knight
- Currently working in Hollywood as a stunt double